Re: Emacs 24.5 second release candidate

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.5 second release candidate
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 11:26:12 -0400

>> Bug #20245 has happened: in it, in a C++ Mode buffer, bits of text are
>> randomly losing their fontification.
>> Would it be possible to delay the next release candidate until I've had a
>> chance perhaps to diagnose this?

IIUC this is still a consequence of the fix to the "long union
highlighting" and that bug was a long standing bug.

The change to CC-mode's font-lock bounds has obviously far reaching
consequences, so I think it should be reverted for 24.5.

> I'm merely creating the tarball and uploading it.  I'll wait for
> Stefan's decision about this.

Actually, Eli is in charge of making these decisions,

        Stefan