Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 14:41:22 +0300

> Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 07:02:39 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> I always commit an entire changeset -- that's why I use vc-dir -- but
> the changeset is often not all of the files I have edited.  Over a few
> weeks I may have fixed a few bugs in different files.  I commit the
> different fixes separately.

Do you also push each such commit immediately, or do you wait for all
of the fixes to be ready and committed, and then push them all in one
go?

If the former, then having uncommitted changes should not be a
problem, except if "git pull" complains about conflicts.  I'd suggest
to hold off your ChangeLog entries until just before you commit the
changeset, because most conflicts are caused by ChangeLog's.  (This
issue will disappear in a few days, when we stop maintaining ChangeLog
files in the repository.)