Re: VC mode and git

From: Sergey Organov
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 00:40:58 +0300

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> It's for Alan to say if it's more helpful than saying that a merge is
> "just a commit".

You are putting words into (my?) mouth. Nobody ever said that merge, the
operation, is just a commit, AFAIR. If you indeed meant me, that's what
I said:

     After true merge operation is finished, the only result of it is
     single commit appended to your current branch. Git /is/ that
     simple. All the possible complexity is in the stage of content
     preparation for this commit.

I fail to see how this could be taken as saying that merge is just a
commit. What I wanted to tell /you/, not /Alan/, is that there is no any
hidden meta-information or other mysteries involved.

-- Sergey.