Re: VC mode and git

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 10:30:13 +0200

> I gathered enough stuff in this thread to fix GitQuickStartForEmacsDevs,
> to which I'd appreciate comments from everyone who has a moment to
> spare.

Thanks.  Please consider the following:

(1) Say that a pull is a fetch plus a merge and what these do.

(2) Distinguish the two ways a merge can fail: The one where git refuses
    to merge because it would overwrite changes and the second one where
    it detects conflicts.  And how to deal with them.

(3) Mention both stashing and rebasing.  IMO it's no use ignoring them.
    People will find them in the manuals and tutorials and we should at
    least tell them why the method we propose here is sufficient or
    better.

martin