Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 10:02:15 +0300

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Cc: martin rudalics <address@hidden>,
>     address@hidden,
>     address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 07:58:05 +0900
>
> I looked at the current version.

Thanks.

> If the uncommitted files were inadvertant (typical beginner
> mistake), your advice to commit, pull again, and fix the conflicts
> is appropriate.  But this doesn't work for Richard, who deliberately
> leaves some changes uncommitted.

Why doesn't it work?  Because changes he didn't want to commit just
yet will end up committed?  I think this is a small price to pay for
avoiding to learn about stashing, and for having what is mostly the
same workflow he and others had with CVS.

Richard, is this aspect going to be a problem for you?