Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 4e23cd0 4/5: * mail/rmail.el (rmail-show-messag

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 4e23cd0 4/5: * mail/rmail.el (rmail-show-message-1): When displaying a mime message,
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 21:01:35 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
I was told

     If I am right, you will see the changes you made, and nothing else.
     If so, fix up your commit message to something more reasonable with git
     commit --amend, and you're good to go.

I had to guess what a "more reasonable" message is, and this is what I
guessed.

If my guess was not what you like, it's Git's fault.

I am more to blame for that than git is. In my defense, I was working on limited information, and I hadn't learned the expected format of a merge log message. But I think it's all worked out well in the end, not least thanks to Eli's efforts.

– Harald