Re: [Emacs-diffs] master b6610d5 2/4: emacs-lisp/package.el: Refactor pr

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master b6610d5 2/4: emacs-lisp/package.el: Refactor pre-execute prompt
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:01:22 +0100

> I actually don't understand why those changes were pushed piecemeal,
> and not as a single commit.  They sound like a single changeset to me.

There are many ways to divide changes into changesets. Sorry if mine
was a little too detailed. The way I learned to do DVCS was to make
commits small enough to be human-readable, but large enough that each
one corresponds to a full working state (all tests passing, etc).

Each one of these commits makes a significant change to at least 2
functions, and I found them hard to read in a single commit so I split
into a few. (In retrospect, the "package-install" commit turned out a
bit trivial, and could be part of another one).

Do we have an objective definition of what a changeset should be?