gitlog-to-changelog

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: gitlog-to-changelog
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 12:23:03 +0300

This scripts infloops on MS-Windows.  The problem is this fragment:

      my $date_line = sprintf "%s  %s$tiny\n",
        strftime ("%F", localtime ($1)), $2;

If I replace "%F" with the equivalent "%Y-%m-%d", the script runs to
completion and produces a ChangeLog file.  Should I fix this in the
Emacs repository, or is the script maintained elsewhere?

Also, I see 2 additional minor issues with the script:

 . It doesn't add the 'coding:' cookie at the end of the produced file.
 . It unconditionally overwrites any local file named "ChangeLog",
   which now most/all contributors will have.  I wonder whether this
   is necessary/desirable.

Thanks.