Re: X selection access in xterm (OSC 52)

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: X selection access in xterm (OSC 52)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:47:09 +0000

I took a second look at HTerm, and found that its FAQ (http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/platform/assets.git;a=blob;f=chromeapps/nassh/doc/faq.txt) states:

"Clipboard read is not implemented.  Reading is a security hole you probably didn't want anyway."

Since I can't test the get-selection function and it's considered a security hole, I'm afraid I can't implement it.
This only affects get-selection, not set-selection.

Philipp Stephani <address@hidden> schrieb am Do., 9. Apr. 2015 um 17:48 Uhr:
Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> schrieb am Do., 9. Apr. 2015 um 04:10 Uhr:
> OK, here's another patch.  I've done some lightweight testing, it works in
> hterm with or without screen.

Thanks, it looks sound.  Have you had a chance to look at Olaf's code?

Yes, I took a look and I'll work on integrating the paste functionality.
Since cut and paste are mostly independent of each other, maybe you could already integrate the cut patch?