Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 4e23cd0 4/5: * mail/rmail.el (rmail-show-messag

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 4e23cd0 4/5: * mail/rmail.el (rmail-show-message-1): When displaying a mime message,
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 22:23:01 +0100

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 6:31 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> The only way I found to be efficient is Google.  In this case, try
> something like "git how to revert changes in a file".  You normally
> get good hits right away.

I second google (or duckduckgo, for that matter)

But actually, to revert changes in a particular file, `git
status` , a command you should run often to see where you are,
gives you a pretty good hint:

    [emacs] echo bla >> README
    [emacs] git status
    # On branch master
    # Changes not staged for commit:
    #   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
    #   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
directory)
    #
    # modified:   README
    #
    no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

More hints would be there if I had staged something, telling
me how to move between staged and unstaged states of a file.
The only hint I (personally) dislike is the "git pull" one that
appears on a failed "git push".

Perhaps these hints aren't showing by default with some git
installations and that's causing confusion?

--
João Távora