Re: Nonsense in gnus-uu.el

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Nonsense in gnus-uu.el
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:37:03 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> On 04/15/2015 04:20 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>
>> Hm.  What are the commit rules these days with the ChangeLog-less setup?
>> It's probably on a web page somewhere...
>
> It's in CONTRIBUTE.

- If you use Emacs VC, one way to format ChangeLog entries is to create
  a top-level ChangeLog file manually, and update it with 'C-x 4 a' as
  usual.  Do not register the ChangeLog file under git; instead, use
  'C-c C-a' to insert its contents into into your *vc-log* buffer.
  Or if `log-edit-hook' includes `log-edit-insert-changelog' (which it
  does by default), they will be filled in for you automatically.

Aha.  Okidoke...

- Alternatively, you can use the vc-dwim command to maintain commit
  messages.  When you create a source directory, run the shell command
  'git-changelog-symlink-init' to create a symbolic link from
  ChangeLog to .git/c/ChangeLog.  Edit this ChangeLog via its symlink
  with Emacs commands like 'C-x 4 a', and commit the change using the
  shell command 'vc-dwim --commit'.  Type 'vc-dwim --help' for more.

I don't have any shell command called git-changelog-symlink-init,
apparently.