Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 5fb807e 1/5: * lisp/files.el: Only message when

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 5fb807e 1/5: * lisp/files.el: Only message when saving if save-silently is nil
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:45:34 +0100

>> branch: master
>> commit 5fb807efcd6dda113c0cfade9811070e45c36a2f
>>
>>     * lisp/files.el: Only message when saving if save-silently is nil
>>
>>     (save-silently): New variable.
>>     (files--message): New function.
>>
>>     (find-file-noselect, save-buffer, basic-save-buffer)
>>     (basic-save-buffer-2, save-some-buffers, not-modified)
>>     (append-to-file): Use them.
>
> The (called-interactive-p 'any) in basic-save-buffer always evaluates to
> nil --- it's the caller that's called interactively, not this function
> --- and so this diff makes C-x C-s silent by default.

The (called-interactively-p 'any) is evaluated in save-buffer not in
basic-save-buffer, which is exactly the function that's bound to C-x
C-s. So it should not be nil.

Do you have an advice on this function, by any chance? I've noticed
that advices will cause a command to not be called interactively when
it should.