Re: master 2b2fd39: xterm.el: Implement OSC-52 functionality for setting

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: master 2b2fd39: xterm.el: Implement OSC-52 functionality for setting the X selection
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 14:25:25 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

>   > For the record, address@hidden confirmed to me that people covered by
>   > employer agreements don't need to do individual assignments (unless they
>   > want to cover themselves in case of future change of employment).
>
> For a work made for hire, the copyright belongs to the employer
> so the employer can assign it.

Right. The thing I find slightly odd is that we don't require people to
sign a statement that says "my contributions to GNU foo are a work for
hire, and are owned by Foocorp" (or equivalent). Apparently just saying
that in an email is ok, and no central record of such statements is kept.
I just find it an odd gap in the FSF record-keeping system.