Re: Bad moves with xref-find-definitions

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Bad moves with xref-find-definitions
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 22:07:13 +0300

On 04/25/2015 09:49 PM, Vitalie Spinu wrote:

As to my 2nd original point. I think the exclusive approach of tags *or*
dynamic completion is not the correct one. There should be a way to
merge tag candidates with dynamic candidates.

xref-find-function defined by the major mode could as well do that.

Having C/C++ api interface
to higher order languages is a commonality rather than an exception
nowadays.

I'm not sure what the above is referring to.

So maybe xref-identifier-completion-table-function and
xref-find-function should be better lists of functions to allow for
grouped backends?

The prevailing thought on that subject is that modes can (or maybe should) employ the nadvice package to modify these values.

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-11/msg00338.html and the following messages.