Re: electric-pair-mode as a minor mode?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: electric-pair-mode as a minor mode?
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 21:48:52 +0200

address@hidden (João Távora) writes:

> Not so, unfortunately. Requiring it eventually requires `message'
> recursively. I tried with `eval-when-compile'. It works when compiling
> message.el standalone, but not when making emacs (some interaction with
> eager-macroexpansion, apparently):
>
> How do I solve this?

Looking at smiley.el, it seems to be referring to a few Gnus internals,
and Gnus depends on message.el all over the place.

So for this to work you'd either have to refactor smiley.el to be more
standalone, or you can move the definition of the smileys to message.el,
and do the dependencies the opposite way.  Or something.