emacs-24.4.1 memory corruption

From: Neal Becker
Subject: emacs-24.4.1 memory corruption
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 08:59:44 -0400

I am seeing that if a file is changed on the underlying filesystem, and I
use revert-buffer, the resulting buffer is (at least sometimes) corrupted.

Here is the actual code I'm using to update the buffer:

(defun refresh-file ()
  (interactive)
  (revert-buffer t (not (buffer-modified-p)) t)
  )

(global-set-key [f5] 'refresh-file)

This is on linux fedora 21.  Filesystem is btrfs (let's hope that's not the
issue!)

--
Those who fail to understand recursion are doomed to repeat it