Re: xref backends for elisp-related modes Was: Re: Bad moves with xref-f

From: Vitalie Spinu
Subject: Re: xref backends for elisp-related modes Was: Re: Bad moves with xref-find-definitions
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 17:45:00 +0200

 >>> Eli Zaretskii on Tue, 28 Apr 2015 18:17:31 +0300 wrote:
 >>

 >> For non-emacs documentation other xref backends are not that
 >> meaningful IMW.

 > ??? Please see the list of non-Lisp packages I showed in a previous
 > message: each one of them features a more or less complex programming
 > language that very much can benefit from xref-style functionality.

This is obviously true. My point was different.

If you need to choose a default backend in info mode, xref-eslips is
more useful than xref-etags which is the current default. If you set a
tag table, it will be for one language (at least one location). How does
it help you reading glibc, Gawk, GDB, Make, Guile ...?

  Vitalie