Re: Calling (package-initialize) sooner during initialization

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Calling (package-initialize) sooner during initialization
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:52:52 +0100

> On Tue, Apr 28 2015, Drew Adams wrote:
>
>> Doesn't sound like a great idea, to me.  (Perhaps it was a joke?)
>
> Not at all.
>
> The purpose is to clearly indicate that setting or binding the variable
> in the straightforward (and normal, if you will) way won't work.

I wouldn't oppose having `describe-variable' add a short sentence in
the same place where it says things like "becomes buffer local" or "is
risky". The sentence could be as short as:

     this variable has a `custom-set' property;

perhaps followed by something else such as

     so setting it directly might not have any effect

But I don't think printing the entire custom-set property is desirable.