Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e82fd95: ; Comments.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e82fd95: ; Comments.
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 23:32:00 -0400

> So anyone who just called 'rmail-edit-mode' would get unexpected results?

I guess so.  Not being an Rmail user at all, it's hard for me to judge
what that means.  Do we expect end-users to call rmail-edit-mode via M-x
or via some external Elisp snippet?
If so, maybe we could just add to rmail-edit-mode some appropriate check
that the buffer-swapping was done as needed: it wouldn't make it work as
before, but it might at least signal an error before it goes on to do
something potentially dangerous?

> But if you can find a way to make it work, please go for it!

I'm 99.9% unfamiliar with Rmail, both as a user and as a programmer, so
I'd prefer if someone else does it (e.g. someone who might actually
know how to test the resulting code, for example).

        Stefan