Re: UI inconveniences with M-.

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: UI inconveniences with M-.
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 20:06:07 +0300

On 04/29/2015 07:53 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I never said that.  What I did say is that the problems exposed by the
UI need to be fixed, no matter where.

I full-heartedly agree that we should fix problems.

Let me quote you here:

"But that's largely immaterial: this bug report is not about the
back-end, it's about the UI."

"We keep discussing the back-ends because you and Dmitry
consistently shift the discussion in that direction, so I feel
compelled to respond.  But my perspective in filing the bug report was
the perspective of a user looking at the results through the UI"

So you seem to use the term "UI" to refer to the whole user experience (as opposed to the UI part of xref, which does not include the backends). This might be easier for you, but it leads to confusion, because the rest of us are trying to discuss it at a more detailed level.

Thank you for your kind words.

No offence intended.