Re: conflicting uses of next-error-function

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: conflicting uses of next-error-function
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 20:15:50 +0200

On Wed, Apr 29 2015, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> The "mark a buffer somehow that it's a reasonable candidate" is an
> important step, because even plain buffers can have local
> next-error-function values, set by Flycheck or Flymake, for instance.
>
> How will we do that?

I would just use a buffer local variable, like next-error-buffer-p, or
perhaps somebody can come up with a more catchy name.

It might be nifty (but more complicated) to organize those buffers as a
stack or ring so that a context can be pushed/popped; if so then it
might be useful to use an integer instead of a boolean as value for this
buffer local variable.

Helmut