Re: UI inconveniences with M-.

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: UI inconveniences with M-.
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 11:09:23 +0200

On Sat, May 02 2015, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Thinking about it: for etags it would make sense to group xrefs by name
>> of the TAGS file because etags--xref-find-definitions doesn't sort xrefs
>> "globally"; xrefs are reordered only within a TAGS file.
>
> What if the different TAGS files actually describe the same project,
> like lisp/TAGS and src/TAGS in the Emacs case?

Always the same: visit-tags-table-buffer returns the TAGS files in a
certain order; say src/TAGS before lisp/TAGS.  Within a TAGS file
find-tag-tag-order or etags-xref-find-definitions-tag-order is used for
sorting but in the final result xrefs from src/TAGS always stay before
those from lisp/TAGS.

I think that's what find-tag-in-order does too, but I'm not 100% sure
because find-tag-in-order and visit-tags-table-buffer are very
complicated.

Helmut