Re: need help

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: need help
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 20:30:36 +0200

"哪天的晚风" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, I don not know where to ask my questions. So please regret me for
> asking some easy questions, which I really do not know.

This is the right place for this type of questions.

> In emacs source code:
> 1. Where is the definition of DEFSYM, I can not find it in lisp.h now.

>From my checkout of `master' branch:

src/lisp.h:1796:9:#define DEFSYM(sym, name) /* empty */

> 3. Can you give me some advice for reading the emacs source code ?

There is a lot of difference among the C part and the Lisp part. Even on
the C part there are areas of varying difficulty (the redisplay engine
is famous for its complexity.) IMHO best thing to do is to start by
becoming proficient with Emacs Lisp (use the Emacs Lisp info pages) and
then focus on a specific set of features and start fixing bugs on it.

> Can anyone help me, a newbie emacser. Sorry for disturbing you and
> thanks a lot!

Welcome aboard.