Re: conflicting uses of next-error-function

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: conflicting uses of next-error-function
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 05:28:36 +0300

On 05/05/2015 01:21 AM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

If we agree to implement a `next-error-priority', then perhaps
`next-error-find-buffer' should penalize buried buffers by subtracting
from their priority.  Thus buffers most recently buried will have the
lowest priority.

Well yes, if we add a new variable buffers like *compile* set, we could detect them easily. And if we not only penalized but also removed buffers with priority 0, the list should be short enough.

But would we really have any priority values aside from 0 and 100? I think it makes sense for a buffer to only contain errors for itself, or only for other buffers.