Re: serving ELPA over HTTP/S

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: serving ELPA over HTTP/S
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 15:53:32 +0100

> Please consider how many other package managers allow multiple URLs.  Is
> there a real disadvantage to allowing a list for `package-archives'
> entries, especially since it degrades gracefully to the current format?

The only disadvantage I can see would be an added layer of complexity
to the archive-refreshing code. Because there is now support for async
refreshing, it is not a simple matter of doing a loop over the urls.
I'm not saying it would be horribly complicated (in fact, I'm
perfectly willing to do it myself).