Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 14bb519: * lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el: New "ext

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 14bb519: * lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el: New "external" package status
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 19:12:41 +0000

Hello, Artur.

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 07:47:29PM +0100, Artur Malabarba wrote:
> >>     An external package is any installed package that's not built-in
> >>     and not from `package-user-dir', which usually means it's from an
> >>     entry in `package-directory-list'.  They are treated much like
> >>     built-in packages, in that they cannot be through the Package Menu
> >>     deleted and are not considered for upgrades.

The word order "they cannot be through the Package Menu deleted" is
wrong in English (it would be correct in German ;-).  The correct word
order is "they cannot be deleted through the Package menu".  I don't
think there's any reason to capitalise "menu" either, though I can see
"Package" might want to be capitalised.

Please consider amending your patch to the documentation.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).