Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 11:03:42 -0400

> 1. What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?

It would be distributed under the GFDL, like all the other official
Emacs books (the elisp intro, the emacs manual, and the elisp manual).

> 2. What (do maintainers think) is very necessary to
>    kickstart/bootstrap an auxiliary GNU project in this direction?

A clear idea of what it should aim to do.  I think there is clearly room
for an "Emacs book" (e.g. something less intimidating/referency than the
Emacs manual, and which could cover packages not included in Emacs).

        Stefan