Re: question about recent change

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: question about recent change
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 14:51:43 -0600

>>>>> "Dmitry" == Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

Dmitry> On 05/08/2015 10:33 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> I tend to think that any sort of package should be available for
>> upgrade.

Dmitry> If they are, I won't be able to put into package-directory-list the
Dmitry> git checkouts of the packages I develop.

You don't have to upgrade.

I strongly believe that package.el should first serve the needs of
ordinary users.  Power users like you can roll their own, or add a
special power-user-only feature to package.el, or etc.

Tom