Re: Why do apropos commands match only pairs of words in a word-list pat

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why do apropos commands match only pairs of words in a word-list pattern?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 17:59:38 +0300

> Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 07:06:01 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Emacs-Devel \(address@hidden)" <address@hidden>
>
> But I would still like to hear from someone who gives a good reason
> for the current design.

In general, when such questions arise, I suggest to find out when was
the related code introduced, and then search emacs-devel and
gnu-emacs-bug for relevant discussions.

In this case, the design was discussed in this long thread:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2002-05/msg00397.html

You will see that the heuristic in question did get some attention.