Re: C-x 8 shorthands for ≤ and ≥

From: Kaushal
Subject: Re: C-x 8 shorthands for ≤ and ≥
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 12:54:57 -0400

Looks like just like the double-angled quotation marks, there are also single-angled quotation marks "› and ‹" '( http://unicodelookup.com/#angle quotation/1 )

So does it make sense to bind them to >' and <'

So now we have ended up with

>> → ≫
>= → ≥
>" → »
>' → ›

<< → ≪
<= → ≤
<" → «
<' → ‹

--
Kaushal Modi

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> wrote:
> Consider also that there is the ≫ character (U+226B MUCH GREATER
> THAN), which is semantically a better match for >>.

Good point. Since «» are quotation marks they could instead be moved
under <" and >". That's not as intuitive, but it's still easy to
remember once you see it once.
Also, most cases where a user types C-x 8 >>, they'll be looking for
most people who type » have it in their keyboard layout already.