Re: xref-find-matches and stuff

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: xref-find-matches and stuff
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 23:24:10 +0300

On 05/11/2015 05:56 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Making etags recognize them is almost trivial.

cl-defstruct accessors and predicates? I wouldn't say it's trivial, but it should be straightforward to implement. In Elisp, at least. In C, it's bound to be an order of magnitude longer.

> The question is, do we want such ad-hocery in etags.c?

I guess not, but that's the point: within the restrictions imposed by etags's design and common sense, you're not going to write an indexer that takes into account the many different ways Elisp can define functions implicitly. And there's no way to specify those with --regex either.