Re: xref-find-matches and stuff

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: xref-find-matches and stuff
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 14:08:20 +0300

On 05/12/2015 05:36 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I don't see the difficulty.  Can you explain why you think it's more
than a few lines of code needed to produce the tags for accessors and
predicates "out of thin air", given just the name of the defstruct,
immediately after we produce the tag for the defstruct itself?

Upon encountering cl-defstruct foo, you'll need to collect the list of its slots, and create a tag for a function named foo-slotname for each.

Is there a sexp parser in etags already?

Also handle constructors, but those could be taken care of with a regexp, I think, without a lot of false positives.

If we decide that's what we want, then why won't we write that?  The
number of constructs that need to be handled might be large, but it's
finite.

Maybe because it's not really finite. Anyone can define a new construct like this, with different syntax.