Re: Package installation messages

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Package installation messages
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 22:00:27 -0400

>> 1. Keep the feature but disable by default. Async refreshing would still
>> be enabled.
> I'd rather we not keep options for behavior nobody has specifically
> asked for.

I asked for it.  But after using it I agree that it sucks UI-wise.
I think to make it work better, we'd need to make the download and the
install more separate.  E.g. when the download is done, rather than go
ahead and perform the install, inform the user that the download is done
and the install process can proceed, but wait for the user to
explicitly say "install now".

        Stefan