Re: Package installation messages

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Package installation messages
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 09:49:20 +0100

On May 15, 2015 5:49 AM, "Bozhidar Batsov" <address@hidden> wrote:

> While I can live without the compilation warnings (and many users are scared by them) I've found and fixed a ton of compilation warnings in various packages, because they we're displayed so prominently. Maybe this should be an optional behaviour or they should simply be dumped into **Messages*.

Once the whole thing is done, we could say how many warnings occurred along with the finished message. Not sure what's the appropriate way to count them though, since they happen between bytecomp and warnings.el.

> As for the messages themselves - yeah, anything featuring a summary of the operation that started and ended would do IMO. Some progress indicator would be awesome (maybe counting down the operations that are remaining or something).

A progress indicator is certainly doable, though its implementation will have to wait until we decide how to do the installation process.