Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 01:23:34 +0200

> If you contribute a book that helps people learn
> Emacs, better than the Emacs Manual, we will
> appreciate it very much.

Yeah... but you know that's impossible or extremely
unlikely to happen (the conventional way at least and
I don't know of any other).

I know no one wants to disencourage from activity but
it is equally important to be realistic and put the
human resources where it does good. Altruism that
isn't practical as well will dissolve - isn't
that right?

I have a better idea for an Emacs book, and that is
a "theme" or "essay" book. For every part of Emacs
there is a couple of guys that are very enthusiastic
about that particular part. So it would be
a collection of such essays written by those guys!
But the artistic/mundane form would not prevent the
book to be specific in terms of technology with inline
Elisp, screenshots, full terminology (with no
explanations), and so on.

Maybe the OP would like to be the editor of such
a book? If so, I can contribute one chapter.
Or three... *giggle*

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573