guile-emacs available in Guix

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: guile-emacs available in Guix
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 17:21:34 -0500

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that if you're interested, guile-emacs is
now available in Guix:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=f906d30cedfcfe005333814a718178dc089c0d60

This means that if you're running Guix, either as your full GNU/Linux
distro with GuixSD, or locally as an additional package manager for your
existing distro, getting guile-emacs up and running is as easy as:

  $ guix package -i guile-emacs

So now you can completely reproducibly build guile-emacs and take
advantage of other fun features of Guix in the process (transactional
installs / rollbacks anyone?)  And yes, it does run most things!  (Some
stuff is slow, though I believe it's mostly dynamic scoping related and
is being worked on :)) Here's a screenshot of me using orgmode and
modifying my orgmode emacs-lisp files:

  http://dustycloud.org/tmp/guile-emacs-20150513.png

More info:
 - More on guile-emacs:
     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GuileEmacs
 - Guix's website:
     https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/
 - Want to run / hack on Guix in your existing distro without doing a
   "make install" of it?  I wrote up a guide:
     http://dustycloud.org/blog/guix-package-manager-without-make-install/

Good luck / have fun!
 - Chris