Re: [Emacs-diffs] cairo 6445ee0: Merge branch 'master' into cairo

From: Yasushi SHOJI
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] cairo 6445ee0: Merge branch 'master' into cairo
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 21:16:43 +0900

Hi,

On Tue, 19 May 2015 23:23:12 +0900,
Jan D. wrote:

> I can merge anytime.  The only things I know about is lacking XBM
> support (not sure it is worth the effort), and the scrolling
> performance is not great.  Possible there are some type of images that
> don't display right.  But nothing major that prevents a merge.

Nothing major but:

 - the current tip of the branch doesn't compile w/ --with-cairo.  it
   seems like git merge machinery messed some lines up.  this should
   be easy to fix.

 - x_cr_destroy_surface() is not defined but used outside of USE_CAIRO
   ifdef in src/xterm.c::handle_one_xevent().  this is also caused by
   a merge commit fb77948660d9, which makes the tree unbuildable w/
   --without-cairo.

 - resizing emacs frame displays:

      Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_distribute_natural_allocation: assertion
'extra_space >= 0' failed

   not sure why but it seems to display it when I make width narrower
   than some criteria.

 - make emacs frame much narrower cause "height width tool-tip at the
   center of the frame (don't know how to call it)" start to "drop"
   like rain drop in the frame, as if y value of the tool-tip is
   radically changing.  Also, the height of the frame gets larger.

just my 2 cents.
--
            yashi @ debian unstable