Re: Package installation messages

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Package installation messages
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 20:59:54 +0100

> thanks for the clarification. Perhaps we should off-load the async
> installation to a perl/python/shell script and not let emacs
> participate in that dance?

Using a background process is certainly possible (though I'd prefer an
elisp script, as I mentioned here before), but it's not likely that
I'll have the time for that. If anyone wants to try, I should be able
to offer helpul guidance because that is what I use on Paradox (it's
not trivial to transfer to package.el because Paradox uses the `async'
package and it's a little hacky).