Re: Generating charset map files during bootstrap

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Generating charset map files during bootstrap
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 14:34:40 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> This works, but please note that "make extraclean" removes
> lisp/international/eucjp-ms.el, which "make local" doesn't produce.

Another goof, sigh. But now irrelevant, since I added the glibc sources.
Please could you do one last check: make extraclean, make all.

If that works I will add the remaining bootstrap glue and delete
etc/charsets/*.map and cp51932.el, eucjp-ms.el.

Note that there are changes in BIG5-HKSCS.map, GB180302.map, GB180304.map.
I assume these are due to changes in the source, but I have no way to tell.
There was a similar change that turned out to be due to a bug in the
mapconv script (missing LC_ALL). That gave a similar looking diff,
but caused a segfault (fortunately).

> Also, is this supposed to work in an out-of-tree build?

Yes.