Re: make bootstrap fails on master

From: Zack Piper
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails on master
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 10:18:15 +0000

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 11:12:57AM +0100, Artur Malabarba wrote:
> Ok, if I do a clean clone to another directory then `make` works fine
> again. But the problematic directory was exactly on origin/master, so
> I think this means the problem was being caused by a gitignored file?

I would imagine it was a file that was changed somehow:

`git status`: will show details on what files have been modified/deleted/etc.
`git diff`: will show the diff on the modified files
`git clean -ndx`: will display files that would be deleted by a
.gitignore (`-n` is `--dry-run` so it doesn't act upon it.)

Would be interesting to see the output. :-)

--
Zack Piper <address@hidden> http://apertron.net