Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell

From: Kelvin White
Subject: Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell git the conflict is fixed?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 02:55:18 +0000

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:40 PM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Which will have the exact same effects as `git rm --cached <file>' no?

Not at all.  "git rm ..." will remove the file from the repository,
i.e. it will have an effect for *everyone else*.

        Stefan

Forgive me, but I think the confusion here is due to the fact that `git reset <file>' will remove it from the curennt index, while `git rm --cache <file>' will remove it from the repository completely, while leaving the current local copy in tact.