Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell

From: Kelvin White
Subject: Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell git the conflict is fixed?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 12:36:42 +0000

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 7:34 AM Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:
On 05/27/2015 02:26 PM, Kelvin White wrote:

> This should not remove it from someone's local working copy, only from
> the repository.

It'll be removed from everyone else's working directories next time they
do a pull.

Why are we still discussing this? 'git rm --cached' is obviously not the
right solution.

Because I think you are misunderstanding that the file will only be removed locally, from another persons working directory had that file been tracked before. If this is a new file, that hasn't been tracked and you don't want it tracked, Then this _is_ the obvious solution.