Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell git the conflict is fixed?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 21:53:57 +0200

> No.  The file is not to be committed.  It is my own personal copy of
> .gitignore with my idiosyncratic filenames in it, something I will not
> impose upon fellow Emacs hackers.

Not an answer to your question, but git has a different mechanism for
ignoring files, that is kept local only, and not shared with anyone
else.

I ignore files that way with 'I' in magit (as opposed to 'i' which puts
it in .gitignore), so I don't actually know the git command to do so,
but the ignores end up in
 .git/info/exclude
(which is a text file that can be opened and edited in emacs)