Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f9fabb2 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gn

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f9fabb2 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:00:03 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> - ERROR: I've reverted all open changes in my Emacs repository.
>>
>> - I've pushed.
>
> Not sure how it is possible, nor what "all open changes in my
> repository" means here.  I think it's important to analyze and
> understand what happened, in order for you to make sure you don't make
> such mistakes in the future.

I try to use vc-dir as much as possible. At this step, several files
were marked as "edited", surprisingly. IIRC all files which were
reported between my two previous pull requests, while I did commit
tramp.el locally. That's to say the files, Stefan has repaired with
f655987d63e181deb5e6fef1f93b409d96184fae. Since I didn't know it better,
I've reverted all the local changes of them.

>> I must claim, that I'm still in fight with git. After a merge conflict,
>> it let's *other* items edited I have never touched, and I often don't
>> know what to do :-(
>
> What exactly do you mean by "it let's *other* items edited I have
> never touched"?  Can you show an example?

The files I've mentioned above.

Best regards, Michael.