Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f9fabb2 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gn

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f9fabb2 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 19:52:21 +0300

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:52:19 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Btw, when you say you've committed tramp.el after resolving the
> > conflicts, what exactly did you do?  Did you commit only that file, or
> > did you commit all the files that were ready to be committed?
>
> I've touched only tramp.el (and likely, I did something like "git reset
> lisp/net/tramp.el" first). The other files I've simply reverted in
> Emacs' vc-dir buffer, via "C-x v u", IIRC.

That's a mistake.  You were in the middle of a failed merge, with most
of the new stuff successfully merged and ready to be committed.  What
you needed to do is commit all of them, including tramp.el, after
resolving the conflicts, and making sure "git status" shows only files
that are staged for commit.