Re: string> missing?

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: string> missing?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 06:20:33 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Apply this same logic to string< and string>.
>
> Emacs is inconsistent.  That's part of its inheritance.
> If someone wants to add string>, I'm perfectly OK with it.
> But I'm surprised noone is arguing here in favor of dropping string< and
> making < and > accept strings instead!

I don't care of string>, I can live without, but note that adding it is
a very small work while removing string< will give you (and all external
packages maintainers) a big work to replace all occurences of string<,
IOW you will break many packages.
So do whatever you want but please don't remove string<.

Thanks.

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: