Re: Adding a few more finder keywords

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: Adding a few more finder keywords
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 16:56:20 +0200

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

> Note how the list contains:
> - 17 "theme" and 18 "themes".
> - 8 "package" and 4 "packages" (and many other instances of singular vs
> plural)
> - "mode-line", "modeline", "mode line", and even "stausline".
> - 4 "major" and 4 "major-mode"
>
> I think this situation can be improved if we extend the list of
> default keywords. So a new developer, writing his first package,
> doesn't have to decide between "theme" or "themes" (one of them will
> already be offerd to them in the defaults).

I've just added `checkdoc-package-keywords' that checks if the current
file's keywords are in `finder-known-keywords'. It's possible to make
`checkdoc-current-buffer' call `checkdoc-package-keywords'
automatically. I didn't make this the default, since
`finder-known-keywords' still doesn't contain such common keywords as
"org", "completion", "git" etc.

What remains to do now, is to extend `finder-known-keywords', and
possibly make `checkdoc-package-keywords-flag' default to t.

Oleh