Re: Installing software on "iThings" without paying for a developer acco

From: chad
Subject: Re: Installing software on "iThings" without paying for a developer account
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 19:11:46 -0700

> On 09 Jun 2015, at 19:07, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Chad writes:
>> Apple changed the policy on this earlier this week:
>
> [...]
>
>> The account is still needed, but the paid account is not.

To be clear, *based on the text*, the account that is needed is the
user account (which is virtually required for the iThing in the
first place), not the developer program account. I haven’t had a
chance to test it myself (I have a developer account that predates
iThings by several years, but not the paid version). Since the
change was just made, Im sure the internet will gain more details
in the next few days.

~Chad