Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 21:32:38 +0300

> From: Steinar Bang <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 20:13:13 +0200
>
> I'm pretty sure all native users of "å" would never wish a search to hit
> "a"

You were talking about "aa" previously, not "a".

I think hitting "aa" when searching for "å" is as reasonable in
certain cultures as hitting "SS" when searching for "ß" in some
others, or as hitting "fi" when searching for "fi" (and vice versa).
Users don't _always_ want that, but sometimes they might.