Re: python.el patch proposal: Respect `prog-indentation-context'.

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: python.el patch proposal: Respect `prog-indentation-context'.
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:36:12 -0600

>>>>> "Christoph" == Wedler, Christoph <address@hidden> writes:

Hi.

I'm supportive of your project.  I think it is great to see some
advances in this area in the core.

Christoph>    (save-restriction
Christoph> -    (widen)
Christoph> +    (prog-widen)
Christoph>      (let ((ppss (save-excursion
Christoph>                    (beginning-of-line)
Christoph>                    (syntax-ppss))))

I'm curious how you plan to extend your approach to handle syntax-ppss
as well.  It seems to me that the sub-mode has to be able to change the
syntax table at the mode boundaries; and furthermore that this also has
to be done during font-lock so that syntactic font-locking works
correctly in all the parts of the buffer.

If you already discussed this and I missed it, let me know and I can go
search the archives.  I don't remember seeing any mention of it, so I
thought I'd ask.

Tom